Monday, November 2, 2009

The House Warming Gift

As I mentioned in my last post, I just moved into a new apartment. As a housewarming gift, my friends decided to pool their money together to get one gift to enhance my new home. The gift? A new TV!

No, I am not one of those without a TV in her house. I, in fact, am one of those who loves her DVR and probably watches way too many hours of TV each week. However, the TV I have been using in my living room is probably fourteen years old. It was old before flat screen TVs came out- that is not to mention flat panel TVs! However, it worked well and it served its purpose. In fact, if I had to list the things I plan to get for my apartment, a TV would not even be on the list.

So, in a way, it was a perfect house warming gift. It was something I would never buy myself!

On Saturday, my friend T came by and picked me up. We went to Best Buy to "just look around." Before I knew it, I was carrying a 42" flat panel LCD TV up to my apartment! I am sure there are more fancy statistics that I could spout out, but alas, I am girl. I inherited one of those girly genes that makes it nearly impossible for me to understand fancy electronic statistics.

I am headed to Ikea on Friday to pick up an entertainment unit for the TV to rest on. Right now, I am using my night stands. Then I will be one step closer to having a complete living room! I will try to post pictures this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment