This past Saturday I turned thirty. I can hardly believe it. I keep thinking, "Where did my twenties go?"
I am not much for big shindigs, so my birthday plans were sparse. Maybe dinner. Maybe a movie. Definitely a little shopping for the house. However, this was not the case. I woke up Saturday morning..sick.
It is one of those head colds- low grade fever, aches, throat, nose, and cough. It started out just super annoying, but by the end of the day, I was out for the count. I did absolutely nothing yesterday, and today I am still feeling pretty crappy. Luckily, the seventh graders are at Yosemite for the week, so I am only teaching two classes each day and I am done by noon. I have made arrangements to grade papers at home each afternoon. Boy am I glad that I did! I am wiped out from just a couple of hours of work!
The whole weekend wasn't an entire wash. My nieces called and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. They, of course, are adorable and it was medicine for my soul. I did run out before the cold took over my body and bought an entertainment unit (which I LOVE) and some kitchen goodies. Now I just need to decorate said entertainment unit. I know I promised pictures and I haven't forgotten. I am just waiting on the camera :)
There was also some drama with Comcast, my cable service provider, yesterday morning. The drama is ongoing and will hopefully be resolved today. Once I have a conclusion to my story- I will share all in another post.
Well, that is all for this Monday. Have a wonderful week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I think it means that if you're sick on on your birthday, you'll be well the rest of the year:)
ReplyDelete